Hangovers Suck! Intox-Detox Works!
When we created Intox-Detox, we really shot for the moon. Who else do you know that has the whiskey stones to take on HANGOVERS with real science?
Some people are happy to shoot for the stars and land in the clouds. We tried to lasso the moon and discovered a whole new universe. An alternate reality where you can enjoy moderate (depending on your definition) amounts of alcohol while protecting your liver and avoiding the misery of the morning after.
Please share this blog post so that more people can experience the amazing effects of Intox-Detox, what our friend Glenn called “sorcery” in his testimonial here…
Once people try Intox-Detox, they look at us a little differently. Healthy (and sometimes outright belligerent) skepticism turns into admiration and awe. So…
HOW DID WE DO IT?
The answer is simple; and we’ll let CEO Andy Bennett tell you in his own words:
“We had the courage to take on what seemed to be an unsolvable problem. We had the humility to hire people much smarter than us to ask all the right questions. And we had the wisdom to settle for nothing less than the most expensive and highest quality ingredients on the planet.”
So, today’s post is about one of those ingredients; and it’s called Setria L-Glutathione. We spend a lot of time talking about how amazing Japanese raisin is (read about that here), but today we need to give credit where it’s due. Setria takes our incredible science-backed herbal blend to a whole new level. If you saw them featured on “THE DOCTORS” TV show (watch the video here), you know that Setria is kind of a big deal. What’s even more important to know is that IT REALLY WORKS…
So What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is a tri-peptide amino acid, meaning it’s made of three amino acids. From biology class you know that amino acids are the things that make up proteins. And glutathione is one that our body manufactures from the amino acids in our diet. Glutathione is now considered the body’s MASTER ANTIOXIDANT. And it plays a very important role in your health. Glutathione helps with detoxification, anti-aging, neutralizing free radicals and boosting immune function.
It Can Save Your Life!
Perfect example of how important this stuff is – if you are rushed to the ER for alcohol poisoning or Tylenol overdose, the first thing they will do (besides pumping your stomach) is to give you an IV of a substance that increases your body’s Glutathione levels.
Yes, that means Glutathione literally has the power to save your life. No big deal. Here are just a couple of ways it can improve your life and health daily…
How Glutathione Can Save Your Life
- Antioxidants – Remember that your body is constantly being attacked by free radicals. Think of these as terrorists roaming around your body looking to cause trouble. Antioxidants neutralize these trouble-makers and keep them from damaging you inside and out. More specifically, Glutathione recycles or recharges other important antioxidants like vitamins C, E and A. Not only does it attack the bad guys by itself, Setria is also like a medic to keep the other allies on the team healthy for the fight.
- Body Bouncer – Glutathione is also like a bouncer for your body. It binds in the blood steam to toxins (like acetaldehyde), heavy metals, solvents and pesticides, helping them to be excreted in the urine and bile. It’s no wonder our kidneys, liver, lungs and intestines contain Glutathione. It also protects against the absorption of pollutants from the air and industrial chemicals.
- Immune Defender – Glutathione helps to fortify your immune system, making white blood cells and T cells better at killing the bugs that try to invade your body.
- Skin Protector – If you want to keep your skin looking young and healthy, you better learn about Glutathione. It helps protect the collagen fibers that keep skin elastic. And it also reduces melanin production, which can help prevent the darkening, spotting and aging of your skin.
In general, higher glutathione levels are associated with longer lifespan, healthier cholesterol levels, blood sugar, blood pressure and body mass index, as well as overall feelings of well-being.
Okay great, it’s really good for you, but let’s talk…
Booze is a huge source of free radicals and toxins, so let’s take a quick look at how Glutathione helps with that:
- The Terminator – Glutathione binds toxins and marks them for removal from the body, specifically the poison that comes from alcohol and is processed in the liver.
- Acetaldehyde (ALD) – The science is boring, so we will keep it simple. This is the number one harmful toxin from alcohol. Don’t take our word for it; according to Wikipedia: “Acetaldehyde is more toxic than alcohol and is responsible for many hangover symptoms.”
Your liver has a 2-step process for breaking down alcohol. First, it turns it into the much more harmful ALD mentioned above, which quickly builds up in the body, damaging everything it touches and making you feel awful the next day (HANGOVER). Second, ALD becomes a harmless substance similar to vinegar (acetate). Glutathione is not just helpful, but required for this process.
The problem is that our bodies only produce enough Glutathione to fend off about 2 or 3 drinks worth of ALD. For better or worse, many of us enjoy a few more than a few drinks. So, we run out of glutathione and accumulate too much ALD. Welcome to Hangover City, population you.
Setria L-Glutathione has been proven to increase blood levels of glutathione by 35% in humans. It’s truly an amazing ingredient because many believed this to be impossible prior to their ground-breaking research.
Intox-Detox didn’t stop there. We added Japanese raisin to the equation to support liver enzyme levels. Now, you have the only two substances on the planet proven in gold standard human clinical trials to protect the body and help avoid the misery of the day after when drinking alcohol. You’re welcome!
Next time, we’ll focus specifically on the many sources of the toxin ACETALDEHYDE – it’s not just alcohol people! Some of them will surprise you.
You may be getting a lot of this specific poison even if you rarely drink and live what you thought was a healthy lifestyle.
Here’s to a BETTER TOMORROW!